THE ORPHANAGE SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
The orphanage caters and care for orphans and grossly impoverished children coming from the communities of Langa,Crossroads,Hanover Park,Woodstock,Gugulethu,Khayelitsha,some parts of the Eastern Cape like Sada and Zingohlo,some areas of Kwazulu Natal of Kwamashu, Umlazi and Ladysmith.
These Children mostly come from HIV/Aids infected families, broken homes, grossly deprived homes, while others come from homes where they were mentally, physically and emotionally abused.
They are usually referred to Al-Noor Orphanage Centre via social workers, school authorities, NGOs Social Development Departments, police and other community workers of the public.
The Orphanage contribution in crime prevention & Education
Currently South Africa is not a safe place for running business ventures, even small and medium enterprises & individuals owing to the high rate of crime, unemployment, substance abuse, illiteracy, illness like HIV/AIDS, Tuborculosis (TB) etc,etc,that has widen the gap of poverty and social problems.
Targeting and educating these children who come from, these homes and communities faced by communal deprivation will be a great advantage as the continuous implementation of these programmes will lead to developing children into responsible and self sustainable adults of a crime free society in which they live., and South Africa in particular, therefore closing the gap of social dedecance, alleviating poverty & developing and educating the communities.
We take Pride in our Service to the Community
- HIV /AIds
- Skilss Development
- Education & Training
- Community & Social Development
- Peer Education
- Computer Training & Repairs
- Baking & Cooking
- Sewing & Beading
- Women & Child Abuse Counseling
- Outreached Programme
- Reintegration Programmes
NPO REG:NPO-028-544 WELFARE REG: NO. 15/5/20/2/1 C6887
Public Benefit No:0074/529/15/7
Education resource planning:
managing the implementation process
Various skills and education opportunities for the children in the ages of 5 to 12 years are not sufficient enough and therefore we are implementing the following educational skills development programs:
– After school educational training supervised by professionals. The centre needs personal computers.
– For the age groups of between 12 and 16, we are implementing a more developed approach by teaching them the art of Business management and self empowerment skills and integration programs.
– First privilege must be given to children who lack school uniforms, stationery, books, recreational equipments, skills and activities and out standing educational expenses.
– Tools & Equipment Accessories for Education and Training.
Any contribution to this Social Investment scheme will add more value to mankind and social development.
We pray and hope that your contribution will be of assistance to this orphanage as you will be contributing to Nation Building and empowering future and responsible adults of Society.